RACE ENTRY IS OPEN
- DATE: Sunday, Septermber 6, 2020
- TIME:The races start at 7:00 AM with the exception of the 5K which starts at 8:00AM.
- LOCATION: Lincoln Monument Rest Area, Exit 323 on I-80, 10 miles east of Laramie, Wyoming. No transportation provided. Please do not park immediately in front of the rest area building.
- COURSE: This course runs through the beautiful Medicine Bow National Forest. It is a scenic hilly out and back course beginning at 8,700 feet and dropping to 8,000 feet at the 35k turn around. The races are on mostly dirt and gravel roads (100% for the Half and 77% for the Marathon). The weather can vary with temperatures ranging between 40-60 degrees fahrenheit. The course closes at 4:00 pm. Note: All clothing and personal items left on the course or at the finish will be donated to charity.
The 5k course is ran on a trail, weather permitting. In the event of inclement weather the 5k will be ran on the regular road.
- The 5K course is ran on a trail, weather permitting. Otherwise the course will be on the regular road.
- AID STATIONS: All runners must carry a water bottle. There are three aid stations located approximately every four miles. Gatorade, water, and snacks will be available. No cups or bottles will be available. You must provide your own water bottle or drinking container to fill from the five gallon dispensers. This rule has been adopted to cut down on litter in the Medicine Bow National Forest. Thank you for your cooperation. Runners caught littering the course will be disqualified.
- DIVISIONS: No overall or age group awards. All finishers are winners. See the race motto if you don't understand. =)
- AWARDS: All ultra finishers will receive a custom belt buckle. All marathon, half, and 5k finishers will receive custom completion medals.
- BENEFIT: A portion of the proceeds are donated to the Cheyenne Boys and Girls Club.
- FIFTY STATES MARATHON CLUB, 50 PLUS DC MARATHON GROUP, AND MARATHON MANIACS: Our race is the oldest continuous marathon in the state starting back in 1978, and the ultramarathon is the oldest ultra in the Rocky Mountain Region. For several years, the marathon was the only marathon held in the state. Support your group or club by planning to attend!
- ACCOMMODATIONS: The race is roughly halfway between Cheyenne and Laramie, just off of I-80. Both cities offer many hotel options, but there is a block of rooms set aside for the race at the Holiday Inn in Laramie. Below is the hotel's website, though participants can call the hotel directly and request a room under the Wyoming Marathon block.
- Holiday Inn - Laramie
- 307-721-9000 or email: email@example.com
- Holiday Inn - Laramie
- MOTTO: "Where the race director promises you nothing, and he delivers."